The Stephenson Lions enjoy donating time and effort to our community! We have raised over $1 million since our inception, all donated to worthwhile causes in our community. Whether we’re hosting annual events and fundraisers or building and maintaining our popular outdoor skating rink, we love seeing people enjoy our work.
Some of our projects include:
- Building and maintaining the outdoor skating rink at the Port Sydney Beach, and hosting community skating events with free barbecues throughout the winter.
- Helping to maintain public structures like the gazebos at Indian landing and Port Sydney Beach.
- Providing and maintaining part of the public dock at the Port Sydney beach.
- Providing a free turkey dinner every year for local seniors at the Utterson Community Hall.
- Bottle barn bottle donation drop off located behind Smith’s Ultramar gas station
- Port Sydney Hall deck addition in 2000; included design, funding ($8,000) and labour.
- Port Sydney Hall windows, siding and insulation in 2003; obtained a $10k grant and added $2,864 in cash and $3,540 in labour.
- Port Sydney Hall kitchen renovations in 2007 and 2020, including design, planning and labour.
- Utterson Hall basement meeting room upgrades, including donation of $2,000.
- Utterson Hall new front entrance, including donation of $4,000 for materials and $3,000 for labour.
- Utterson Hall upgrades to nursery school, including repairs, donation of chairs, $2,000 in materials and $2,000 in labour.
Interested in volunteering with the Stephenson Lions? Please fill out this form and we’ll get back to you.
The Wally Student Bursary
In memory of Keith Walton, our dear friend and fellow Stephenson Lion, we offer an annual $1,000 bursary to a Huntsville High School student. The Stephenson and District Lions Club Keith Walton Award is presented to a graduating student who will be attending a post-secondary institution for academic achievement at the college level.
The money we receive from the above functions is donated to a myriad of groups and in-need individuals in our area, including:
- Food banks in Bracebridge and Huntsville
- Hospital Foundations in Bracebridge and Huntsville
- Special Olympics Muskoka
- Huntsville Festival of the Arts
- Muskoka Family Focus and Children’s Place
- Coldest Night of the Year Walk
- Huntsville High School Bursary and Jazz Band trip
- V.K. Greer Public School Santa Bazaar, Kindergarten supplies, music program, families in need
- Junior Achievement Program at V.K.Greer Public School
- Y.W.C.A. Girlz Unplugged Program
- Me to We volunteer trip
- Local Music and a Meal Program
- Lions Foundation Dog Guides
- Friends of Fairvern Nursing Home
- Hospice Huntsville
- South Lake Hospital Foundation
- Lions Camp Dorset (dialysis)
- Camp Huronda (diabetes)
- C.N.I.B. Lake Joseph Center
- Camp Oochigeas (cancer)
Make a Donation
We would like to say THANK YOU to all the people who help us by purchasing tickets to our events, rent our tents, and help out when and where they can! Without you we would not be able to help those in need.
If you’d like to make a donation to our club, you can do so online through PayPal by clicking the Donation link, or by cheque. Contact us for more information about donating to the Stephenson Lions.